Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Saturday, July 15, 2006

First Blog-iversary

"It's been a year now and it's getting so much better..."
- ELO, "Shine A Little Love"

On July 15th 2005, exactly a year ago today, I started this blog! With Israel now at war, it seems petty and somewhat narcissistic to even be writing about this. But I'm far too date-conscious by nature to simply let it pass.

Elie's Expositions has had many ups and downs over the past twelve months, from the intensity of Aaron's Story, to posts that could be deemed "trivial" in every sense of the word, and quite a bit in-between. But through it all, I've been able to build up a small, but dedicated cadre of visitors, and have taken my place, modest as it is, in that nebulous but very genuine reality known as the J-Blogosphere.

I take this opportunity to acknowledge those I consider my "blogparents" - the four blogs that I had read before starting my own, each of which contributed, in its own way, to my decision to take the plunge. So thanks to Soccer Dad, Mirty (are you still out there?), Seraphic Secret, and Chayyei Sarah for your examples, your influence, and your early (and for the first two, very much ongoing) encouragement.

And of course, my undying appreciation to my readers and commenters. With my hit-count, I can hardly claim that you are too numerous to mention ;-), but I will still abstain from listing individual names for fear of leaving someone out. You know who you are, and each one of you is important to me. Really really!

Thanks again to all. And notwithstanding my recent blogging lull, I ask you to stay with me - I'll try to make it worth your while. But for now, I leave you with this... outside of Bircas Cohanim, my very favorite benediction:
"May the blessings of Elves and Men and all the Free Folk go with you. May the stars shine upon your faces!" - Elrond

7 Comments:

At 7/16/06, 1:00 AM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Congrats!!

I noticed Mirty was gone as well... :(

 
At 7/16/06, 9:07 AM, Blogger torontopearl said...

So glad blogging has helped you through this very challenging, very heart-heavy year for you, Elie.

Happy Blogiversary!

(Cries of "Kiddush, kiddush!" can be heard from the peanut gallery.)

 
At 7/17/06, 10:09 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Happy Blogiversary and many more. Mirty commented on my blog last week, so I imagine that she is still floating around somewhere.

 
At 7/17/06, 10:09 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Happy Blogiversary and many more. Mirty commented on my blog last week, so I imagine that she is still floating around somewhere.

 
At 7/17/06, 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! Your blog is terrific.

 
At 7/17/06, 1:44 PM, Blogger SS said...

Elie! Good for you. Here's to more of the same great stuff! All the best

 
At 7/19/06, 12:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Blogiversary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home