Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, July 15, 2005

Hello, blogosphere

As it says somewhere, all beginnings are difficult... So I'll keep this short. The maybe two or three people reading this so far already know me, and any others that may wander across it will learn as you go along. You can start with my profile if you're really interested.

But just to deal with the T-rex in the room. Just two months ago, my wife and I suffered an overwhelming loss - the sudden death from an undiscovered brain tumor, of our 18-year-old oldest child, Aaron (zichrono l'beracha - may he be remembered for blessing). This loss is still too fresh, too overwhelming to be dealt with in any fitting way - and certainly a blog like this is far too small to contain the depth of our grief and devastation.

So this blog will not be
about Aaron per se - though I will certainly be talking about his life - and death - from time to time. I started blogging for a variety of reasons, but probably chiefly as an outlet and escape. So despite it's weighty title, "Elie's Expositions" will deal with frivolity at least as much as seriousness. I will try to keep it going as regularly as my crazy work and home life will allow; as much for myself as for any who might be reading.

That's it for now. Take care and a good Shabbos/weekend to my reader(s).

Thanks for listening,

Elie

5 Comments:

At 7/16/05, 2:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel so honored to be the first commenter.

Thank you very much for linking to my blog.

So sorry to hear about your horrible loss. I don't know what to say; I know there's nothing I CAN say.

Looking forward to seeing more of your blog.

 
At 7/17/05, 10:02 AM, Blogger Elie said...

Thank you Sarah! Your "shabbaton diary" series was my first introduction to a blog, and first got me thinking about what it would be like to write one of my own. Though it will likely take time for me to be able to be as open and personal as you and others have been.

You are right, there is nothing to say that can really help with our loss. Sometimes silence is best.

Take care,

Elie

 
At 7/21/05, 12:56 PM, Blogger Jason H. Elbaum said...

Elie,

Welcome to blogging. I believe I remember you from soc.culture.jewish. Those were the days! And, without revealing too much, I went to school with your sister many years ago.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son. May you find consolation among the mourners of Israel.

 
At 7/22/05, 11:00 AM, Blogger Elie said...

Thanks for the comment and for adding me to your site's bloggers list.

I'm sure I do know you but I can't guess yet who you are! I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

 
At 8/12/05, 12:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe it should b solly bout aaron and u started it for aaron and really u should keep all else hidden

 

Post a Comment

<< Home