Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Watching Watchmen


Not yet, but I will be, about an hour from now! (No, Shalom couldn't talk me into a 12:01 am opening day showing again!) I'll let you know how close the movie came to doing justice to the source material, which, as I've written before, is one of the very few graphic novels for which the second part of that appelation is fully deserved. It's not a good sign that the author wanted nothing to do with the movie adaptation, but I commit to approach it with an open mind anyway.

Conversely though, here's my advice for anyone considering seeing the movie: Read the book first! I mean it - you'll regret it if you don't.

1 Comments:

At 3/8/09, 5:01 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Post-Viewing Update: The movie was quite good. I have a couple of quibbles with omissions and changes, but more or less, they did about as successful a job as possible in translating Watchmen from page to screen.

Incidentally, we saw it with someone who hadn't read the book, and while he was able to appreciate it anyway, my advice still stands: Read before you Watch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home