Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

3rd Blogiversary

"When I was three
I was hardly me"
- A. A. Milne

Yes, it's July 15th once again, which means that three years ago today, this blog began. I know I haven't been writing very much lately, other than the taking my turn at Musical Monday every other week. When I look back at some of my older writings - especially those about Aaron's loss - I wonder where I found the writing ability and emotional strength to do it. Lately, it sometimes seems like there's not much point in keeping the blog going at all. But just in case the blogging bug ever does start to bite again, I'm glad to still have this little slice of cyberspace to call home.

Annual thanks are due, as always, to my friend and "blogfather" Soccer Dad, and of course, to all those of you who are still with me. Be well and keep coming back, even if you're not a music fan. Someday, I may even surprise you... and myself.

6 Comments:

At 7/15/08, 8:38 PM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Maybe it's true, what some people say--that there are no coincidences. I published a post about faith today, and you're in it.

 
At 7/15/08, 10:16 PM, Blogger cruisin-mom said...

Elie, maybe it was the other way around...maybe the writing is what gave you emotional strength. It is hard to keep it going at times, but don't go away. Music Monday is too much fun, and when you post about your feelings about Aaron, you show us your heart.

 
At 7/17/08, 9:16 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

Elie, I agree with CM. We all learn from one another in blogland. I'm continually amazed by your music knowledge/nostalgia and impressed with your knowledge and divrei Torah.
Glad I discovered you three years ago via Seraphic Secret, although I'm saddened by the reason you and Robert started your blogs.
I believe we are all richer somehow with our blogs and the people we've met along the way.
May you go from strength to strength in your blogging "career."

 
At 7/18/08, 1:32 PM, Blogger trn said...

Mazel tov on the happy anniversary, Elie. I am glad you will keep the site, however much or little you write. I appreciate all your different types of posts. I find them to be thoughtful and clever and learned and humorous and sensitive and moving and kind.

Have a good Shabbat.

 
At 7/18/08, 1:59 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

What a long strange trip it has been. ;)

 
At 8/8/08, 5:20 PM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

Please keep your portion of cyberspace. It will be our loss if you leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home