Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Last JIB Day - Thank God !

Boy am I tired of this. I feel like I'm being pushy and unseemly by even sending these gentle reminders that I'm up for a "JIB" award in the categories below. Then I came across another blog today with detailed posts bashing ever other competing blog (including mine) and it made me physically sick. No I won't stoop to linking to it, but if you check my "referrals" on sitemeter you can probably figure it out.

Good grief! If this is what the JIBs lead to I hope they are discontinued next year. Either that or done very differently. I'll share more thoughts later. Meanwhile, please don't think this tirade is meant to express any lack of appreciation to the folks who supported (or will support) me with votes. So once again, thanks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The second and final round of voting for the Jewish/Israeli Blog Awards started Tuesday 1/24 and runs through February 2. Apparently the top twelve (not six as originally announced) vote-getters in each category made it to the final round, so I am still on the list in the following four categories:
Click on each category name to go to corresponding voting page.

Once again, you may vote every three days. Accordingly, I will reissue this post on 1/27, 1/30, and 2/2.

Thanks in advance for any support you may care to show!

4 Comments:

At 1/25/06, 12:44 AM, Blogger Yitzchak Goodman said...

Like we did last summer?

 
At 1/25/06, 1:29 PM, Blogger Elie said...

You got it, I was channeling Chubby Checker! (try to say that five time fast!)

 
At 1/31/06, 1:37 PM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

I thought that you weren't that far out of 3rd in series. Of course the series totals aren't displaying, so it's hard to say right now.

 
At 1/31/06, 5:04 PM, Blogger Joe Schick said...

I just followed the link from the list of contenders for best series (my blog is also a nominee in that category). I am very deeply moved and saddened.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home