Musical Monday #155
Welcome to the 155th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
A couple of notes on this week's edition. For any song below that may have multiple cover versions, I'm looking for a specific one, usually, but not always, the most well-known such. Also, although the songs aren't broken into separate sub-groups, extra precision will be required in correctly identifying the last few on the list. Finally, though I confess this edition required somewhat more research than usual, I'm equally sure that I forgot some really obvious candidates! Well, that's what you guys are for, right? :-)
Without further ado:
1) "Damn your love, damn your lies!"
2) "One more look and I forget everything"
3) "Take me to New York right away"
4) "On a boat with billowed sail"
5) "A kiss for luck and we're on our way"
6) "And your mind is moving low"
7) "Suspended under a twilight canopy"
8) "A butcher, a banker, a drummer and then"
9) "Some of them want to be abused"
10) "The babies just come with the scenery"
11) "I just can't believe the loveliness of loving you"
12) "Some guy brought sad into your happy world"
13) "I hold my pillow to my head"
14) "It's not for lack of bread, like the Grateful Dead"
15) "Mount your horses, draw your sword!"
16) "But some are altogether mighty frightening"
17) "Started out this morning feeling so polite"
18) "Let me tell ya', you are no exception to the rule"
19) "True love means planning a life for two"
20) "Lot of people take it for a game"
21) "Hear with your heart and you won't hear a sound"
22) "And when I'm sad, you're a clown"
23) "Then I never lost a minute of speed"
24) "You didn’t bat an eye, when I made you cry"
25) "Like a flower in a fairy tale I blossomed out"
26) "So don't refuse to believe it, by reading too many meanings"
27) "If you could return, don't let it burn, don't let it fade"
28) "Her weapons were her crystal eyes"
29) "Well, here's some spare change you can count!"
30) "No right no wrong you're selling a song"
31) "Now I don't want you back for the weekend"
32) "I got three passports, a couple of visas"
33) "Double cross the vacant and the bored"
34) "I ain't saying you ain't pretty"
35) "He smiled so I got up and asked for his name"
36) "You know you got it if it makes you feel good"
37) "Fat man sitting on a little stool"
Good luck and enjoy!