Musical Monday 16
Welcome to the sweet sixteen edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each numbered song quote below, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs.
No sub-groups today, but I did include an extra credit song:
1) "I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had"
2) "I will kiss you, mother earth"
3) "The days are bright and filled with pain"
4) "Ain't no time to pack my bag, my foot's outside the door"
5) "Many more of them live next door"
6) "Like all the locals here I've had to sell my home"
7) "Made of finest silver from the North of Spain"
8) "The constable had to come and take him away"
9) "Can you tell me please: who won?"
10) "And you see a girl's brown body dancing through the turquoise"
11) "But if anything should happen we'll be sure to give a ring"
12) "It's not far back to sanity, at least it's not for me"
13) "Spirits are using me, larger voices calling"
14) "Your walls are burning and your towers are turning"
15) "That's the day I knew you were my pet"
16) "Once the door swings open into space and I'm already waiting in disguise"
17) "This old man was graceful with silver in his smile"
18) "See Jamaica, the moon above, it won't be long, me see me love"
BONUS: "Rav chovel tzoaik, vikulam borchim; mah rotzim ha'shodidim?"