Musical Monday #104
Welcome to the 104th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
It's been a hectic last couple of weeks for me, so this edition is a bit trimmer than usual, but hopefully still a challenge! There are three groups of songs (1-19, 20-24, 25-30), each relating to the same overall theme, though in slightly different ways. Various songs in the third group also connect with the first or the second group (and in one case, with both!)
1) "I wanna lock you up in my closet"
2) "What to do on a night like this, music sweet I can't resist"
3) "We took the vows of man and wife"
4) "Can we make a secret rendezvous?"
5) "For all the dreams and schemes, people are as they seem"
6) "Danger in the shape of something wild"
7) "Just get yourself untied, are you gonna do it?"
8) "New York was cold and damp, TV is just a blank"
9) "She took the Greyhound at the general store"
10) "Almost rang the phone off the wall"
11) "Should I get in touch with the FBI?"
12) "It's got to be a quarter to 4"
13) "Well she's my woman of gold, and she's not very old"
14) "She likes her tapes on 10"
15) "Oh man, I think the clock is slow!"
16) "First of the fall and then she goes back"
17) "I was dying just to ask for a taste"
18) "How do you like the way he rocks and the way he rolls?"
19) "That Model A Vitimix makes it look like a pup"
20) "Has high blood pressure got a hold on me?"
21) "And that would wipe this smile right from my face"
22) "The pressure's high, just to stay alive"
23) "But nothing is real, and no one can feel like you"
24) "The land here is strong, strong beneath my feet"
25) "Blame the caffeine for all the 5 am phone calls"
26) "She sees my good deeds"
27) "Why'd you slip around secretly?"
28) "Doing all the things that makes my heart sing"
29) "Where the water tastes like wine"
30) "Ain't no doubt, we are here to party"
Good luck and enjoy!
PS: I know I still owe the answers for MM #102 - hope to add them sometime today.