Musical Monday #66
Welcome to the 66th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. While this edition is not quite as ambitious - or at least not as lengthy - as some of my recent ones, I hope it will still provide something of a challenge!
Today again, as is often the case, there are two sub-groups of songs (1-18 and 19-25). Both relate to the same overall theme, but in different ways.
1) "See the thorn twist in your side"
2) "Giving up I close my eyes"
3) "Sometimes you tell the day by the bottle that you drink"
4) "Breaking me out of the spell I was in"
5) "You're happy when I'm on my knees"
6) "To give all that love that you've been hiding"
7) "Baby, it's time, so why waste it in chatter?"
8) "You know that I could be in love with almost everyone"
9) "Just like a willow, we would cry an ocean"
10) "Well, I paid all the dues I want to pay!"
11) "Lead you to the supermarket checkout"
12) "I took my baby on a Saturday bang"
13) "I was doing my very best Bogart"
14) "Girl you got the look, as if you wrote the book"
15) "I've been standing out in the rain"
16) "All along I knew I'd lose you"
17) "We'll be happy together, unhappy together"
18) "Snake eyes in heaven - the thief in your head"
19) "Won't be happy 'till he's seen you cry"
20) "One has diamonds in his pockets"
21) "No one else can have the part of me I gave to you"*
22) "Not my brand you understand"
23) "His confidence never needs a crutch"
24) "With a host of holy horrors to direct our aimless dance"
25) "It's not often easy, and not often kind"
Good luck and enjoy!
* No, this isn't by Vincent Van Gogh :-)