Musical Monday #52
Welcome to the 52nd edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote, as well as the common theme of the entire list of songs.
This week, as you can see, there are two sets of songs: #1-13 and #14-26. Both groups relate to the same theme, but approach it in different ways. Also, each of the groups may seem to suggest a somewhat more general theme, but the fully correct solution can be confirmed by the combination of the two.
Without further ado:
1) "On a warm summer's eve on a train bound for nowhere"
2) "Then you love a little wild one, and she brings you only sorrow"
3) "Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?"
4) "Turning on the charm, long enough to get you by"
5) "Moonlight - you're just a heartache in disguise"
6) "Well a railway man lay dying, with his people by his side"
7) "He had twenty-seven children, yet he never had a wife"
8) "There are unsmiling faces in fetters and chains, on a wheel of perpetual motion"
9) "Sleight of hand, hands of fate, chance you take, life's a snake"
10) "But I should have known from the tattoo on her left leg"
11) "All you need's a strong heart and a nerve of steel"
12) "Hey hey hey yeah, how unlucky can one man be?"
13) "Texas Billy finally made his play"
14) "I see it in your eyes, take one look and die"
15) "She'll do a hundred and forty with the top end floored"
16) "One floor below me, you don't even know me"
17) "There's no syncopation with any relation"
18) "The old get old, and the young get stronger"
19) "When I said that I would be his mate, it was December"
20) "Fear me, you lord and lady preachers"
21) "Some laughing, some just shapeless forms"
22) "He disrespected Mama and treated us like dirt"
23) "Blind stars of fortune, each have several rays"
24) "So you stand on the corner in your new English clothes"
25) "Caviar and cigarettes, well versed in etiquette"
26) "Cuando para mucho mi amore de felice corazón"
Good luck and enjoy!