Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 07, 2008

Musical Monday #28

Welcome to the 28th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. Today's edition of MM is a special one, partly because 28 has always been my favorite number (being perfect and all), but mainly because this week's quiz was a collaboration between Soccer Dad and me. We had lots of fun working together on it; my only regret is that I'm losing one of my best guessers this week in the bargain. So the rest of y'all better do double-time!

1) "It's just no good anymore since she went away"
2) "Why does what I'm saying hurt you?"
3) "...Can only be one, and one is a lonely number"
4) "With the help, last night, of Daddy G."
5) "Hey there fellow with the hair colored yellow"
6) "You had no faith to lose, and you know it"
7) "It's only half past twelve but I don't care"
8) "Not a shirt on my back, not a penny to my name"
9) "But I see his six strings laid against that wall"
10) "Flashing lights against the sky"
11) "There are stars in the southern sky"
12) "But as soon as she said hello, I hung up the telephone line"
13) "In Chicago, Richard Speck, accused murderer of nine student nurses…"
14) "Hold me, love me, hold me, love me"
15) "It smelled like turpentine. It looked like Indian ink."
16) "Pour myself a cup of ambition"
17) "From a tenement window a transistor blasts"
18) "Today can last another million years, today could be the end of me"
19) "I'll love you 'till the clover has lost its perfume"
20) "Young girls are coming to the canyon"
21) "Won't you tell your dad, 'Get off my back'?"
22) "Your stupid girlfriends tell you that I'm to blame"
23) "Inside outside, nowhere is home"
24) "You walked out of my dreams and into my arms"
25) "It was long ago and far away, the world was younger than today"
26) "Johnny and Eddie and me and Jimmy and Jack"
27) "I got a baby's brain and an old man's heart"
28) "She don't remember the Queen of Soul"
29) "Your mother who neglected you owes a million dollars tax"
30) "She won't waste time on elementary talk"

9 Comments:

At 1/7/08, 11:14 AM, Blogger cruisin-mom said...

1) One: three dog night
15)Love potion #9
24)Carribean QUeen
28)Hey 19 (steely dan)
Yikes, that was HARD

 
At 1/7/08, 12:37 PM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Darn, Cruisin' cruised quite past me--maybe it takes a couple of 50-somethings to recognize "Love Potion Number 9." :)

 
At 1/7/08, 12:42 PM, Blogger LEL said...

5.Give me three steps-Lynyrd Skynyrd

14.Eight Days a Week-The Beatles

16.9 to 5-Dolly Parton

17.Tenth Avenue Freeze out-Bruce Springsteen

23.5:15-The Who

24.You're sixteen-Ringo Starr

28.Hey 19-Steely Dan

29.19th Nervous Breakdown-The Rolling Stones

30.20th Century Fox-the Doors

The theme is songs with numbers in the titles.

 
At 1/7/08, 12:53 PM, Blogger Yitzchak Goodman said...

10. "25 or 6 to 4" by Chicago
27. "Eighteen" (or "I'm Eighteen"?) by Alice Cooper

 
At 1/7/08, 12:56 PM, Blogger Yitzchak Goodman said...

3. (just came to me) "Two divided by love" by The Grass Roots

 
At 1/7/08, 1:01 PM, Blogger Yitzchak Goodman said...

6. Positively Fourth Street (????) by Bob Dylan

 
At 1/7/08, 1:04 PM, Blogger Gail said...

#8 500 Miles - Peter, Paul and Mary
#25 At Seventeen - Janis Ian

I know #20 - but not well enough to answer.

 
At 1/7/08, 2:50 PM, Blogger LEL said...

10.25 or 6 to 4-Chicago

 
At 1/10/08, 3:42 PM, Blogger trn said...

You know, it's kind of magical, after having read lyrics that I do not recognize at all but then learn from others' identifications in the comments come from songs that I know, to scroll back up and experience the lyrics coming to life.

Number 20 is by The Mamas and The Papas.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home