TV Trivia Thursday #13
Hello and welcome to today's TV Trivia Thursday. I'll try to keep these coming at least every other week, and continue to welcome your suggested entries for future editions.
1) TTT #6 asked about the infamous "Bridgette Loves Bernie", the first TV show to prominently feature an mixed (Jewish/Gentile) marriage. Name the first cartoon series to do the same.
2) And on a related note, what prime time series starred a non-Jewish actor playing a Jewish character who was married to a non-Jewish character played by a Jewish actor?
3) Though this actor's name is practically synonymous with comedy, on television and other media, his only Emmy awards were for best lead actor in a dramatic series, which he won three times for an arguably groundbreaking role. Name the actor and show.
4) Several years before achieving widespread fame for his musical scores to movie blockbusters like Jaws, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones, John Williams composed the themes to two science-fiction TV series. Name the shows. Nope, not Star Trek!
5) And speaking of Star Wars, what sitcom did Mark Hamill leave, after starring in just the pilot episode, to take on his iconic Luke Skywalker role?
6) She's an A-list movie actress who's starred in numerous cinematic hits since the 1970s. But her father, though not an actor, had arguably an even greater impact on entertainment history, as the creator of two of the longest running shows on US television, both of which started in the early 1950s and are still going strong today. Name the actress and the two shows, and for extra credit, her unsung but TV history-shaping father.
7) And on a related note, what are the current top two longest-running television shows, and the only ones dating back to the 1940s that are still on-air?
8) And finally, a tried and true category: identifying well-know actors based on their real/birth names. In keeping with format, all of the following had prominent and long-running television roles, though they may have made their marks elsewhere as well:
a) Arthur Leonard Rosenberg
b) Michael John Douglas
c) Jonathan Leibowitz
d) Jameel Joseph Farah
e) Mendel Berlinger
f) Terry Gene Bollea
g) Suzanne Marie Mahoney
h) Nathan Birnbaum
i) Karolis Bučinskis
j) Benjamin Kubelsky