Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, December 28, 2007

MM DOA?

I've gotten much fewer responses than usual to my Musical Monday quiz this week. I know the theme was a bit tricky, but I didn't think the song selections were unusually so. Maybe folks have been on vacation. In any case, if you think you can guess any other songs, please give it one more try! I generally post the solution on Fridays, but I'll hold off for another day or so.

Sunday AM Update: Answers have been published.

5 Comments:

At 12/30/07, 2:53 AM, Blogger trn said...

I couldn't identify any of the lyrics this time.

It did come to mind right away, though, that the historical figure could turn out to be Sir Isaac Newton.

Then I saw first LEL's identifications and noted the Robert commonality, and next Soccer Dad's and thought of Dr. Demento.

Only by using Google was I able to determine the second sub-theme and then the historical figure.

Sorry Elie, I took Spanish in high school, and I think it's illegal to sell raw milk in New Jersey.

 
At 12/30/07, 9:50 AM, Blogger Elie said...

Thanks TRN. You showd me that it was possible to guess the theme after the songs are identified, so I don't feel I was too out of line. Answers will be posted shortly.

 
At 1/1/08, 10:14 AM, Blogger Elie said...

...and I think it's illegal to sell raw milk in New Jersey.

or to quote Lucy Van Pelt's advice to Linus, "You can't leave cows out in the pasture all night, or they'll get pasteurized!"

 
At 1/3/08, 3:09 PM, Blogger trn said...

I like that!

Years ago in a comic book, I read a pun on the same word using the phrase "past your eyes."

 
At 8/4/23, 10:44 PM, Anonymous hey all use better said...

Thankss great blog post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home