Musical Monday 26
Welcome to the 26th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each numbered song quote below, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs.
Today's MM is a bit different than my usual ones in that the two groups of songs separated by a break (1-11 and 12-22) represent two completely unrelated sub-themes. However, taken together, these point to an overall theme - which admittedly may be a bit harder to guess than average. So here's a hint: The main theme relates to the birth date this week of a historical figure who made an enormous positive contribution to the quality of the modern world. And no, I don't mean the birthday celebrated by Christians tomorrow, although "holiday music" may be all you hear anywhere else today (and though I couldn't resist selecting quote #11).
1) "Through the slow parade of tears without crying"
2) "And even though I'm full of sin, in the end you'll let me in"
3) "So I went out and found myself a guy who's so much wiser"
4) "Take a drink from his special cup"
5) "Are you crazy, are you high, or just an ordinary guy?"
6) "From F.L.A. to Frisco Bay, and everywhere in between"
7) "A pretty face don't make no pretty heart"
8) "Baby please, squeeze me tight"
9) "We got a lot of little teenage blue-eyed groupies"
10) "On your knees; that's what you get for falling in love"
11) "Two men say they're Jesus; one of them must be wrong"
12) "I need to make you see, oh what you mean to me"
13) "When you're so downhearted and misunderstood"
14) "I can’t sleep because my bed’s on fire"
15) "In this smoky place with my brandy eyes"
16) "Now he's at home doing 9 to 5, living his brave life of lies"
17) "Across the room your eyes are glowing in the dark"
18) "Seven hundred little records, all blues, rock, rhythm, and jazz"
19) "In the night do you fight a lover's fire?"
20) "In a café, or sometimes on a crowded street"
21) "It don't hurt 'cause you're dead"
22) "But you were bad, you must admit"
Enjoy and good luck!