Musical Monday 14
Welcome to the 14th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each numbered song quote below, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs.
Since today is chol hamoed sukkos, on which unnecessary work is discouraged, I tried to make the song quotes and theme just a bit easier than usual. So let's see how close y'all can come to 100% correct answers this week! Once again, as with MM #12 and #13, the spacing between sets of songs is significant - or as they say on the London Underground, "Mind the Gap"(s)!
Also, specifically for this edition, the order of the song groups provides a bit of an additional twist; try to guess its relevance.
1) "Maybe I'm born right out of my time, breaking my life in two"
2) "Hey, I'll change that scene one day!"
3) "And catch the grey men when they dive from the fourteenth floor"
4) "Will you help him change the world?"
5) "Gonna rock it up, roll it up, do it all, have a ball"
6) "Get about as oiled as a diesel train"
7) "Outside the ringing, the night train is bringing me home"
8) "It's hard on a fella when he don't know his way around"
9) "He's got a TV in every room"
10) "The trench is dug within our hearts"
11) "If you want to know about the bishop and the actress"
12) "Clouds are shrouding us in moments unforgettable"
13) "Cold as ice cream but still as sweet"
14) "Doesn't it matter that I have to feed the both of us?"
15) "He always said she was good as gold"
16) "...you gave me no warning of what was to be"
17) "First you love me, then you say it's wrong"
18) "Hangin' around, nothin' to do but frown"
19) "Catch your dreams before they slip away"
20) "The trees are drawing me near; I've got to find out why"
21) "Train roll on many miles from my home"
22) "And tonight will be all I have left to recall"
Good Luck and Gutten Moed!