Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 29, 2007

A Picture Is Worth 784 Pages



We're now exactly 1/3 of the way to the publication of the 7th and final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, from when that release date was announced. Perhaps with that in mind, two more pieces of info were made public recently: the book's length, 784 pages for the American edition (2nd longest in the series, after book 5), and its cover art, shown above. Just a couple of morsels to help tide over the ravenous legion of fans who are counting down the days until July 21.

For me, I'm keeping the hunger pangs away by re-reading the previous installments, a few pages a night (exhaustion and Pesach cleaning permitting). I'm close to finishing book 4, but I expect to get the most bang for the Filibuster's Fabulous Wet-Start Fireworks out of re-reading books 5 and 6, given that I have only previously read each once, when first published.

As I go, I'm also compiling a running list of Book 7 predictions, which I hope to post here a few days before the magical date.

3 Comments:

At 3/29/07, 2:46 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

Looks like they're looking for their wands in a duel... :)

 
At 3/29/07, 2:52 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Where's the best place to pre-order?

 
At 3/31/07, 11:28 PM, Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I preordered from Amazon, but in order to qualify for free shipping, I had to buy a copy of the Battlestar Galactica Movie from 1978.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home