Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Duty Calls

Jury duty, that is. My number came up for tomorrow. If I'm picked for a trial, I sure hope I do a better job evaluating litigants than I did Superbowl contenders!

I feel about jury duty pretty much as I do about voting; it might be a bit of an inconvenience, but it gives me a distinctive thrill nonetheless. I expect an interesting experience, even if I just spend the day waiting around, as I did last time I was called.

I did hope to write something tomorrow on the occasion of Aaron's birthday though, and that post will likely be delayed until the evening now. Hopefully I will get something out, though I fear I'll have neither the time nor the spirit this year to match last year's post, either in size or in intensity. We'll see.

4 Comments:

At 1/22/07, 1:24 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Strange coincidence. I am on call this week for jury duty too.

I have been a part of two juries. Interesting, but scary experience.

 
At 1/22/07, 7:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 20th birthday to Aaron. We miss him.

 
At 1/22/07, 11:30 AM, Blogger socialworker/frustrated mom said...

I served on jury duty few years ago was an interesting experience good luck.

 
At 1/22/07, 4:11 PM, Blogger Elie said...

I'm back. Didn't get picked for any juries. More tomorrow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home