Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Saturday, January 20, 2007

In With The New

...is my prediction for the Superbowl matchup, when the dust clears after tomorrow's conference championship games. New England vs. New Orleans, that is. A narrative of comeback vs COMEBACK.

The first, a team who a year ago was fresh from their third Superbowl win in four years, and came within a game of reaching their fourth in five years. The other, a team who a year ago opened their season to a ruined stadium and a decimated city, broken road warriors who received much pity, yet nary a victory, on any field they visited.

The pundits are predicting differently for both of tomorrow's matchups, but this is the story I'd like to see come February 4th.

6 Comments:

At 1/21/07, 1:53 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Ever since they managed to steal that game from the Raiders I have been anti-Pats.

 
At 1/21/07, 9:45 AM, Blogger Elie said...

I don' like them either (I'm mainly a 'Skins fan but also nominally a Jets fan to make my son happy), but of the remaining four teams, that's the matchup I'm hoping to see.

 
At 1/21/07, 12:45 PM, Blogger Ezzie said...

I'm going with Colts - Saints... which is what I want to see. :)

 
At 1/22/07, 1:24 AM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I have fond memories watching my Raiders play the Skins.

 
At 1/22/07, 11:57 AM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

Nice prediction.
:-<

 
At 1/22/07, 4:16 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Yeh, better not give up the day job. A Jimmy the Greek I'm not. Speaking of whom (and his famous gaffe), one the narratives in this year's game is already being framed as the fact that both coaches are black. Guess we're still a ways from colorblind, almost 4 decades after MLK's loss. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home