Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Red Dreams

"Into the rock through walls of red dreams"
- The Scorpions, "Pictured Life"

"Eyes that shine burning red, dreams of you all through my head"
- Led Zeppelin, "Black Dog"

This weekend I had a dream that blew me away - literally.

I dreamed that the planet Mars exploded. I stood looking out the window at my front yard, and watching red pebbles and debris rain down from the sky.

And what was my dream-self's immediate reaction? That I had to go down to the computer and blog about this! I even dreamed up - if you will - a rather good title for the post: "And Then There Were Seven". A reference to that fact that with Pluto recently de-planetized and Mars now gone, our solar system was down two planets in less than a month's time.

Not sure what to make of this. Maybe I'm just thinking about blogging too much. Or thinking about science fiction too much. Or maybe blogging about science fiction too much.

Or is it some kind of sign. Mars = War god. Blowing up. Fallout raining down.

Yikes.

2 Comments:

At 9/19/06, 9:23 AM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

Do you think you might have been reliving the destruction Alderaan? or Kronos? or Earth (Space 1999)?

 
At 9/19/06, 6:46 PM, Blogger benning said...

Interesting dream! I wonder if you ate anything different for supper.

On dreams ... I found as a teenager, that if I put certain records or tapes on, as I went to bed, I had very vivid dreams. The volume was always barely audible - just lous enough to hear - and I would quickly fall asleep and dive into something odd, colorful, and easy to remember on awakening.

The rhapsodies of Liszt and Enescu were the best! LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home