Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, May 19, 2006

Narrative Closure

It's been more than five months since I last turned to the serialized account of my son's loss which, with bitter irony, I chose to title "Aaron's Story" - and nearly four since I last even looked at how I wanted to bring it to its inevitable resolution. With this week marking a year since those events, I find myself drawn to finally finishing this series, sharing the memories before their vividness begins to fade, giving myself - and all of you out there who have given me your precious and limitless empathy and devotion - painful, yet liberating closure to the process I began back in August.

At least, I have started. I hope to complete this over the weekend, or perhaps early next week. Till then, have a good Shabbos, and joy and kindness to all.

2 Comments:

At 5/21/06, 9:23 PM, Blogger Shifra said...

I'm sure the story will be difficult to "end" because even now it's not over and it never will be really.

Maybe it would be easier to complete it if you considered it a continuation rather than an "ending" because really Aaron's story is not over, it's just become your story instead.

I hope that wasn't out of line or too personal. You've opened a big window into your soul and it's hard not to respond in kind sometimes.

Things I've read here have opened my heart and mind and I'm grateful you've been willing to share it all with us.

 
At 5/22/06, 10:29 PM, Blogger Lady-Light said...

Shifra said it beautifully. You have invited us into your heart, and it makes us want to share the depths of our souls with you as well.
In writing of your terrible loss, you have exposed our terrible losses and/or our terrible fears...thus binding us together. May you always, always remember, and speak from your heart, to your son Aaron...who would want you to have future kindness, joy (your words)and elevated Shabbatot. Shabbat is "may-ein olam habah", where your son is...bringing you closer...
I can't stop crying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home