Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Friday, January 20, 2006

Finishing the Story

Now that the first round of JIB voting is over, and it appears that Aaron's Story will likely make the cut for the final round, I want to thank everyone who showed me support by voting. Though of course when I wrote it I didn't have anything as banal as a contest even remotely in mind, it is heartening to know that some of you folks out there did find merit and worth in the heart, soul, and kiskes that I put into reliving Aaron's loss. It helps, as much as anything can.

In a sense, the story was completed with Saying Goodbye - or at least, Aaron's own part in was. But I still envision there being one additional chapter, covering the immediate aftermath of his passing: the rest of that night, the funeral, shiva. There are vivid memories in my head throbbing for release, but the right words have yet to shake loose. Perhaps soon.

Meawhile, I do have a special Aaron-related post planned for Sunday. Stay tuned. And thanks again.

2 Comments:

At 1/21/06, 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't realized, Elie, about Aaron before.

And I wanted to tell you how much it means to me, or us, or any of the blog readers, that you trust us and are telling a story that is so personal and devastating...and hard.

Aaron seems so joyous, proud, full of life and vitality. And you sound so proud of him and all he meant to you.

I know people who have experienced the loss of a child/ sibling and it is so painful, there are so many questions, the 'Why?' that can't be answered and that carries across the world...It is so hard.

I hope that what you write may be a cause for an ascension of Aaron's soul, both because of the truth and love you have poured into your words and because of the support you have doubtless afforded others who know/ are in similar situations.

May you, too, be healed through what you write. And may God bless you and your family.

 
At 1/21/06, 10:36 PM, Blogger Elie said...

Chana: Thank you so much for reading and caring. Your words are not only well-chosen but heartfelt and genuine.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home