Musical Monday #157
Welcome to the 157th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
There are four separate song groups, each of which contributes differently to the theme. Despite an extra week off, as unfortunately that week didn't include much free time for me, this is a somewhat slimmer edition than average. Hopefully it will still present some challenge - more likely in the individual songs than the theme(s).
1) "We gonna do what they say can't be done"
2) "Put your faith in a miracle, and it's non-denominational"
3) "It was New Cross Station, I was going on home"
4) "There are giants out there in the canyons"
5) "I get the same old dream same time every night"
6) "Why do the white gulls call?"
7) "She lived all alone in Liddley Lane at number 22"
8) "Together we will love the beach, together we will learn and teach"
9) "I'll pretend my ship's not sinking"
10) "Over and over again, you're a fool-hearted man"
11) "Hundreds of flowers in full bloom, hundreds of people in each room"
12) "You may think the bands are not quite right"
13) "The iron ore poured, as the years passed the door"
14) "With George Pratt, his partner, and brother, Billy, too"
15) "Now the weight of intention carried the motion"
16) "Learned how to cry too young, so now I live to sing"
17) "Let’s show them Canada still cares"
18) "Got your hands full now, baby, oh as soon as I hit the door"
19) "And a little bit of raving madness"
20) "Tall white mansions and little shacks"
21) "Off the wind on this heading lie the Marquesas"
22) "Gonna make some front page news"
23) "Well I'm blue-collar branded and stuck in a mill"
24) "Free as a breeze, not to mention the trees"
25) "You sure have saved this man whose soul was in need"
26) "Out of self respect, I'm out of bread"
27) "But the days of our youth were numbered"
28) "Were we ever colder on that day?"
29) "First there came four pretty daughters"
30) "Elvin Bishop sittin' on a bale of hay"
Good luck and enjoy!