Musical Monday #150
Welcome to the 150th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
The songs this week are broken into four sub-themes, 1-8, 7-10, and 11-15, and 16-22. Group #2 is somewhat of a double theme, and the four groups in sequence form an overall theme. The total number of songs is also significant (though this negated any "super-sizing" in honor of the Musical Monday's sesquicentennial, and though there are doubtless other songs that would fit most of the sub-themes).
1) "Watched his hair been turnin' grey"
2) "Tell me why you're looking so confused"
3) "A dog started crying, like a broken hearted man"
4) "She breaks down and cries to her husband"
5) "The millions of faces, but still I'm alone"
6) "You can see it in my eyes, I can feel it in your touch"
7) "All the lights are changing green to red"
8) "Turn that jungle music down, just until we're out of town"
9) "Required from us a song"
10) "It's a fact of life, now man and wife, work full time to just get by"
11) "Take my hand and we'll make it, I swear"
12) "And make them softer for her feet"
13) "Before I put on my makeup"
14) "I have no choice, I hear your voice, feels like flying"
15) "This is the year of the hungry man, whose place is in the past"
16) "Trying to forget you is just a waste of time"
17) "Take your time, I won't go anywhere"
18) "For some California grass"
19) "Found a note there waiting, it said, 'Daddy, I just can't wait'"
20) "Nothing left to chance, all is working"
21) "Times have changed and times are strange"
22) "Like emptiness in harmony"
Good luck and enjoy!