Musical Monday #144
Welcome to the 144th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
A somewhat less ambitious theme than our special two-parter last time around, but hopefully still a fun diversion. In fact, it's sort of a follow-on to a previous jointly-developed theme, though with no songs in common to that one:
1) "In a cap she looked much older"
2) "How far will you go I say, just to bait a mouse?"
3) "However big you think you are"
4) "The jack-knife barber drops her off at school"
5) "The damn thing gone blind"
6) "Making the life that I had seem suddenly shiny and new"
7) "" (1972) (Mrs. Washington's childhood?) (c.f. MM #40)
8) "She'll be richer by far if her dreams come true"
9) "The wind is low, the birds will sing"
10) "Your servant am I, and will humbly remain"
11) "How can I hurt when holdin' you?"
12) "Oh, all the poet, they studied rules of verse"
13) "Cleaned a lot of plates in Memphis"
14) "Her eyes like windows, trickling rain"
15) "Ask any fool that she ever knew"
16) "Have me a time with a poor man's lady"
17) "Taught him how to do the bop and it was grand"
18) "Guess I'll have to put your flat feet on the ground"
19) "Or is it just a game in my mind"
20) "So you stay out late at night, and you do your coke for free"
21) "He made my lapels an inch too wide"
Good luck and enjoy!