Musical Monday #136
Welcome to the 136th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
Sorry for the lateness as well as the brevity of this week's edition. If I get a chance I'll add some more examples. It's a single theme this week, but the last song is special.
1) "But don't take a slice of my pie"
2) "Fools have a way of making me lazy"
3) "I was cleaned and skinned and so hard-pressed"
4) "But you can keep 'em for the birds and bees"
5) "I'd fool around and have a ball"
6) "Because they never know who in the world they're gonna beat"
7) "Yeah buddy, that's his own hair!"
8) "She was with the Russians too"
9) "Nine a.m. on the hour hand, and she's waiting for the bell"
10) "That's where they ran into a great big hassle"
11) "Sometimes building you a stairway; lock you underground"
12) "The claim is on you, the sights are on me"
13) "Let me call my wife so I can tell her I'll be late"
14) "Deep where it's hot, hot in Arabia, babia"
15) "Carrying their babies around in a sack on their back"
16) "He said brother like to help you, but I'm unable to"
17) "Yellow lorry slow, nowhere to go"
18) "I found someone new, he's waitin' in the car outside"
19) "Bring along your Cadillac, leave my old wreck behind"
20) "Float a small row boat till our ship comes in"
21) "I'm treating you cool, I'm putting you down"
22) "Some people say it's folly, but I'd rather have the lolly"
23) "Now my advice for those who die"
Good luck and enjoy!