Musical Monday #134
Welcome to the 134th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
The division this week consists of two groups of songs as well as two individual songs each in their own "group". This arrangement is significant, as is the order of the sets and number of songs in each, as will become clear once the theme is fully solved.
1) "There is no one compares with you"
2) "Freeze all your expressions into words"
3) "Play in sports and skin dive"
4) "All I want for you to do is take my body home"
5) "It's all been a pack of lies"
6) "But you could've said it better"
7) "Like a lover's voice fires the mountainside"
8) "Desert rose, dreamed I saw a desert rose"
9) "Nothing grows and life ain't very pretty"
10) "Do my crying and my sighing, laugh at yesterday"
11) "And his hunger burns, so he starts to roam the streets at night"
12) "When there's no one else around, I'm gonna take you girl and hold you"
13) "Three lullabies in an ancient tongue"
14) "Life's for living, yeah, that's our philosophy"
15) "You won't find a thing to chew"
16) "And the grand facade, so soon will burn"
17) "Don't you know that I'll always be true?"
18) "I'm looking for a woman, but the girl don't come"
19) "But nothin' is real, and no one can feel like you"
20) "Near the village, the peaceful village"
21) "Broken ice still melts in the sun"
22) "I'm home, I'm out of my work clothes"
23) "You can't come back and think you are still mine"
24) "Light a candle, lay flowers at the door"
25) "You left me cold and I'm standin' here freezin"
26) "I've pulled the trigger right at you on billboards and movie screens"
27) "Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime"
28) "Sometimes I feel like I am drunk behind the wheel"
29) "And a train that's passin' my way helps the rhythm move along"
30) "You got your high-heeled sneakers on, slip-in mules"
31) "The all-night watchmen have had their fun"
Good luck and enjoy!