Musical Monday #130
Welcome to the 130th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
Thare are two separate sub-themes today, songs 1-10 and 11-20, which together comprise the overall theme. The songs in the first group are also in somewhat of a sequence. I was disappointed in not finding more songs for that group; likely there are quite a few recent ones I don't know well that would fit it.
1) "I died in thirty days!"
2) "But it seems the good they die young"
3) "Edsel is a no-go"
4) "Bring on the lions and open the cage"
5) "I laid traps for troubadours"
6) "She never kept the same address"
7) "They sat and watched TV, on their RCA"
8) "We're finally on our own"
9) "Scanning life through the picture window"
10) "It's money for dope, money for rope"
11) "If the puppet makes you smile"
12) "Coming down like an Armageddon flame"
13) "And it makes me feel so fine, I can't control my brain"
14) "Just one day out of life, it would be, it would be so nice"
15) "Exchange the cold days for the sun"
16) "Take a ride on a West Coast kick"
17) "We've all seen it on the movies, now let's see if it's true"
18) "But there's a couple of bananas and a bottle of booze"
19) "From a terminal gate to a black limousine"
20) "He was heading for Pennsylvania, and some home made pumpkin pie"
Good luck and enjoy!