Musical Monday #128
Welcome to the 128th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
There is a single theme this week, but the break between songs 14 and 15 separates two groups that relate to the theme somewhat differently. Also, apologies that due to a busy week as well as computer issues, this will be a shorter edition than I had hoped. I do think there are likely quite a few more songs that fit the theme, and hope you guys will find - and add - some of them!
1) "Can you tell me where he's gone?"
2) "All those dayglow freaks who used to paint the face"
3) "...or a Sam (no Sam)"
4) "Canada to India, Australia to Cornwall"
5) "He ate a crocodile"
6) "'Cause I'm swigin' thirty pounds from my hips on down"
7) "And he swore to free all of Asia Minor"
8) "He said how dare that man resent an order"
9) "In colors on the snowy linen land"
10) "Dances like a spinning top"
11) "Only takes one itchy trigger"
12) "Look at them bushes out there"
13) "But you were bad you must admit"
14) "Hate was just a legend, and war was never known"
15) "Went down to Geisha Minah"
16) "And now it seems my only chance is giving up the fight"
17) "A panda for sweet little niece"
18) "We fired once more and they began a running"
19) "He throw us all in jail for carrying harpoons"
20) "You know it's three weeks; I'm going insane"
21) "So you think you can love me and leave me to die"
22) "Like my father before me, I will work the land"
Good luck and enjoy!