Musical Monday #124
Welcome to the 124th, special Night Edition (nice way to say I ran real late today!) of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
There's a single set of songs this week, representing a single theme. I fancy that several of the songs will be relatively easy to find, but the overall theme may be a bit trickier than usual. Or maybe not, with such savvy players! Let's see:
1) "See you later; can I have them please?"
2) "Send me down a love to share"
3) "Cause you make the darkness seem so far"
4) "Wonders how you manage to feed the rest"
5) "We want to multiply; are you gonna do it?"
6) "There was three young ladies in the school gym locker"
7) "Dines in Hampstead village on expense accounted gruel"
8) "Slander my name all over the place"
9) "And if that piece of mind won't stay"
10) "Always away from home, never bothering to phone"
11) "The autumn winds blow chilly and cold"
12) "Something's wrong, shut the light, heavy thoughts tonight"
13) "The Duchess of Kircaldy always smiling"
14) "And we sang dirges in the dark"
15) "Take a ride on a West Coast kick"
16) "Perhaps I'll come to a great success"
17) "Tell me if she laughs or cries"
18) "And they follow the races and pay out the gains"
19) "Advice is cheap, you can take it from me"
20) "Blue eyes cry; two hearts say goodbye"
21) "Asked the fellow for fifteen cents"
22) "Baby sneezes, Mommy pleases, Daddy breezes in"
23) "Why do we give up our hearts to the past?"
24) "We were spinning into darkness; the earth was on fire"
25) "You're old enough some people say, to read the signs and walk away"
26) "Well all we need is a simple song, for people that wanna' dance"
Good luck and enjoy!