Musical Monday #122
Welcome to the 122th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs.
There are two sets of songs today, 1-17 and 18-33, which represent two opposing sub-themes of today's overall theme. As a clue (for those who know me well!), I once would have been neutral - if liking neither side is indeed neutrality - but for the last few years would favor the former of the two sub-themes. In fact, for that reason I made a bit more effort to make sure the first group of songs outnumbered the second!
One additional note: The last few songs in each group meet that sub-theme in different ways than the rest.
1) "A big legged woman ain't got no soul"
2) "Well they said you was high-classed"
3) "She roll back down to the warm soft ground"
4) "Will power made that old car go"
5) "When the party was nice, the party was jumpin'"
6) "And I'll never go to Texas anymore"
7) "She broke a needle and she can't sew!"
8) "Johnny kissed the teacher"
9) "Our currency is flesh and bone"
10) "I must take a trip to California, and leave my poor sweetheart alone"
11) "Help me please, is the answer up above?"
12) "I'm feeling drunk, juiced up and sloppy"
13) "Stone cold sober as a matter of fact"
14) "I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the war"
15) "I'm intelligent and clean, know what I mean?"
16) "I met him in a cell in New Orleans, I was down and out"
17) "Was your father as bold as a sergeant major?"
18) "By the blue tiled walls near the market stalls"
19) "So much like a man I just had to say"
20) "The first time that I got it, I was just ten years old"
21) "It's like trying to find gold in a silver mine"
22) "I wish I could be as carefree and wild"
23) "But it's no hanging matter, it's no capital crime"
24) "She lets loose all the horses when the Corporal is asleep
25) "Talking on about how sharp they are"
26) "I've got flowers and lots of hours to spend with you"
27) "I can stare for a thousand years, colder than the moon"
28) "Well, there's thirteen hundred and fifty two guitar pickers"
29) "I'd love to glide to a rainbow, off where the clouds go dancing by"
30) "He can set music back to the caveman days"
31) "And them tin cans are explodin' out in the 90-degree heat"
32) "Sweet the rain's new fall"
33) "She rules her life like a fine skylark"
Good luck and enjoy!