Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, December 07, 2009

Birthday Boy Blue

Today I turn 48, which, as my blog-friend TRN just pointed out, is a number with quite a few factors. But there's been basically a single factor in the moribund status of my blogging - not to mention my overall mood - lately... namely, my continued state of unemployment after being laid off just over two months ago. Even Mondays haven't been as musical lately for me as they used to be - either as a player or a host. It seems like blogging, once a welcome distraction from the sometimes-drudgery of work, now feels like yet another unpleasant reminder of how much I actually miss that drudgery, and that I have far too much time on my hands.

That said, I do have today's MM (#120) almost ready to go, and should be posting it later tonight, along with the long-overdue solutions to my previous three MM quizzes. A bit more ambitiously, I am planning to take TRN's advice (soon!!) and post more directly about my experiences and feelings these past two months. Maybe this blog can even become again somewhat of what it once was for me, an outlet for sharing, exploring, and connection. I do believe it's at least worth a try. As the job coaches tell you, leave no avenue unexplored, since you never know where your next success is coming from.

Meanwhile, happy "birthday that shall live in infamy" (posthumously as the case may be) to Johnny Bench, Terrell Owens, Larry Bird, Gregg Allman, Harry Chapin, Ellen Burstyn, Aaron Carter, Eli Wallach, Ted Knight... and of course, to me!

7 Comments:

At 12/7/09, 5:39 PM, Blogger Jack Steiner said...

Happy Birthday my friend. It gets better.

 
At 12/7/09, 5:44 PM, Blogger trn said...

You deserve so much happiness, Elie. Ad meah v'esrim!

 
At 12/7/09, 8:10 PM, Blogger Soccer Dad said...

May your next birthday be one of unadulterated happiness.

 
At 12/7/09, 9:08 PM, Blogger torontopearl said...

I remembered your birthday...of course Pearl Harbor and all.
May it only be the start of a good, better, best year for you, Elie. Ad meah v'esrim.

 
At 12/8/09, 1:03 AM, Anonymous Clayton said...

It looks like you're in some good company there. Happy Birthday, Elie!

 
At 12/10/09, 3:20 PM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Happy Birthday, slightly belated. May you soon have other reasons to celebrate.

 
At 12/17/09, 3:59 AM, Anonymous free dating said...

You Go Girl! That is awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home