Musical Monday #90
Welcome to the 90th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. Speaking of which, if you haven't already, please check out last week's MM #89 at Soccer Dad - it's one of the best ones either of us has done so far, and there are still a good few song clues to guess!
Back to this week's, somewhat more workaday MM. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs. Note that there are three groups of songs today, 1-24, 25-27, and 28-30. Each group has its own separate sub-theme, which together represent clues to the overall theme of this week's MM, as well as - hopefully - illuminating the reason/timing for its selection.
1) "Alone in your electric chair"
2) "Look, what's your game baby?"
3) "You've done all the taking, it's your turn to give"
4) "I wanna tell you a story every man oughta know"
5) "They drove you or you drove them crazy"
6) "But I must admit it got the best of me"
7) "It ain't no use in calling out my name, gal"
8) "You've been as constant as a Northern Star"
9) "Make future plans, don't dream about yesterday"
10) "My head was in a bad place"
11) "Quarter moon walking through the Milky Way"
12) "Far too many sins to mention"
13) "Comes to a fix, not afraid to fight"
14) "We were lying together in a silver lining"
15) "I need a little heart and affection, cause love needs a little romance"
16) "So you think your schooling's phoney"
17) "Whisper to me softly, breathe words upon my skin"
18) "And I was in crazy motion till you calmed me down"
19) "You missed two classes and no homework"
20) "When you're alone and in a corner"
21) "I never was much good at coming on real strong"
22) "Think about the love that burns within my heart for you"
23) "When I come home baby, now (night and day)"
24) "Your friends tell you there's no future in loving a married man"
25) "Blinky thumps the gut bass, and solos for a while"
26) "He sees everything and nothing at all"
27) "Count all the bees in the hive"
28) "I don't know why my heart flips, I only know it does"
29) "Now I'm playing it real straight, and yes I cut my hair"
30) "I wandered the highways from Dublin to Berkeley"
Good luck and enjoy!