Musical Monday #83
Welcome to the 83rd edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As I mentioned last week, we made a last-minute decision to switch weeks for #82 and #83. So the MM I had prepared for #82 is here today, and I'll hopefully be back again a week from today with MM #84.
As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist of each song quote below, as well as the common theme of the entire set of songs. Some of the individual songs may be a bit harder to ID than usual this week, but the overall theme likely will not be. Also, please note the following:
A) I didn't separate it into any sub-themes today, though I could have created a lot of them.
B) I took advantage of the extra week to add a few more songs to today's theme. For extra credit, tell me how many extra, and why!
1) "Life gets me higher, I can show, I can go"
2) "Must have counted every cloud in the sky that night"
3) "Where is that simple day before colors broke into shades?"
4) "Like going up to heaven and then coming back alive"
5) "And give no warning to her flight"
6) "And even when it would rain we would laugh it off"
7) "Still it holds a goodly share of bliss"
8) "Never missed a warm embrace"
9) "Tracy died soon after a long fought civil war"
10) "When I was small, and Christmas trees were tall"
11) "I laughed at all of your jokes"
12) "Even rode my motorcycle in the rain"
13) "With your chrome heart shining in the sun"
14) "Of juniper and lamplight"
15) "Like Columbus in the olden days, we must gather all our courage"
16) "Don't stop the flow, we can't let go"
17) "Throw the top back, and roll down to Jackson town"
18) "And the rompin' river pushes"
19) "Chasin' the factory girls underneath the boardwalk"
20) "Against a little girl of 6 years old, the independent one"
21) "In the key that our souls were singing"
22) "Why, you've become a grown-up girl!"
23) "I love you, boy never mind, I've been crying all the time"
24) "My friends look forward to their picnics on the beach"
25) "Seven years has gone so fast"
26) "There is danger in the summer moon above"
27) "And kingdoms rise, and kingdoms fall, but you go on"
28) "When even friends seem out to harm you"
29) "As I recall it ended much too soon"
30) "And it's one more day up in the canyons"
31) "Just tilt my sun towards your domain"
Good luck and enjoy!