Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Monday, September 29, 2008

Repentance Rock

(or is it "The Teshuvah Top Ten?")

1) "Another year has passed me by
Still I look at myself and cry
What kind of man have I become?"
- Styx, "Man In The Wilderness"

2) "When you look over your shoulder
And you see the life that you've left behind
When you think it over
Do you ever wonder?"
- Jackson Browne, "You Love The Thunder"

3) "So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key"
- Eagles, "Already Gone"

4) "You've got to change your evil ways, baby
and every word that I say is true"
- Santana, "Evil Ways"

5) "Mistakes are part of being young
But that don’t right the wrong that’s been done
I’m sorry, so sorry
Please accept my apology"
- Brenda Lee, "I'm Sorry"

6)"I will make it up to you, I promise to...
...It's hard for me to say I'm sorry
I just want you to know"
- Chicago, "Hard to Say I'm Sorry"

7) "Man I was mean but I’m changing my scene
And I’m doing the best that I can
I admit it’s getting better
A little better all the time"
- The Beatles, "Getting Better"

8) "But don't you know that no one alive
Can always be an angel
When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"
- The Animals, "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"

9) "Well it's all right, the best you can do is forgive"
- The Traveling Wilburys, "End of the Line"

10) "But tomorrow I will wake up and I'll know
That I've got to begin again
Though I don't know how to start
Yes, I've got to begin again
And it's hard"
- Billy Joel, "Got To Begin Again"

My best wishes to all my readers for happy and sweet new year 5769. May this year be one of peace, prosperity, good health, and joyful tidings for us all!

2 Comments:

At 9/29/08, 10:57 PM, Blogger cruisin-mom said...

Nice post Elie...happy and sweet new year to you and yours as well.

 
At 10/2/08, 12:59 AM, Blogger trn said...

Ooh, nice! How did I miss this on Monday?

Hope you all had a lovely Rosh Hashanah and your year got off to a good start.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home