TV Trivia Thursday #16
Hello and welcome to today's edition of TV Trivia Thursday. Let's keep last week's great success rate going! We'll start with a trio of "Saturday Night Live" questions:
1) Which set of brothers have not both appeared on SNL?
a) John and Jim Belushi
b) Damon and Marlon Wayans
c) Bill and Bryan-Doyle Murray
d) Dan and Peter Ackroyd
2) What SNL producer, who only held the job for a year, nevertheless made a lasting impression on the show - and on entertainment in general - by hiring Eddie Murphy?
3) Which of the following TV legends never hosted SNL:
a) Desi Arnaz
b) Milton Berle
c) Lucille Ball
d) Norman Lear
e) Mary Tyler Moore
4) And which of the following Science Fiction legends never scripted an episode of the original Star Trek?
a) Robert Bloch
b) Harlan Ellison
c) Theodore Sturgeon
d) Isaac Asimov
e) Richard Matheson
5) Which two series were, respectively, the Fox Network's first prime-time show, and its first to win an Emmy?
6) What music star repeatedly used the dreaded "f-word" on a 1994 broadcast of "The David Letterman Show"?
7) A horse is a horse, of course - so what was the real name of the horse who starred as "Mr. Ed"?
And with the 2008 Democratic Convention starting on Monday, here's a timely one:
8) Name at least one of the two network television journalists who were roughed up by security guards at the 1968 Democratic Convention in Chicago.
That's it for today! Next Thursday, I'll be on vacation and TTT will as well, so look for the next edition on Sept 4th.