Musical Monday #46
Welcome to the 46th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. Usually alternate, that is; today's is another collaborative effort, so twice the fun for you, and thanks to Soccer Dad for his help!
Though we pause today in the US to remember those who lost their lives in battle to defend our freedom, these MM quizzes require accessing memories of an infinitely more trivial nature - recalling the titles and artists of each song quote, as well as guessing the common theme of the set of songs. However, in deference to the fact that this Monday is specifically a US holiday, I will confirm that today's theme has a US-specific context as well.
Without further ado:
1) "Skinned our hearts and skinned our knees"
2) "She talks kinda lazy"
3) "The dress I ruined with the soda pop"
4) "Her weapons were her crystal eyes"
5) "I got pictures, got candy, I am a lovable man"
6) "Me think of girl constantly"
7) "I always though a fish could not be caught who wouldn't bite"
8) "Oh, won't you come with me and take my hand?"
9) "Brother what a night the people saw"
10) "Have a drink, have a drive"
11) "Take my tears and that's not nearly all"
12) "These people round here wear beaten down eyes"
13) "Que se llama de apellido Vitorino"
14) "And I do my little turn on the catwalk"
15) "Everyone's a Captain Kirk"
16) "When the party was nice, the party was jumpin'"
17) "And now we meet in an abandoned studio"
18) "I often kiss you when there's no one else around"
19) "See your face come peaking through my window"
20) "You've been living like a little girl"
21) "And she feeds me love and tenderness and macaroons"
22) "He drove to the family inn"
23) "I ain't quite as dumb as I seem"
24) "Way on the other side of the Hudson"
25) "And throw 'I love you' echoes down the canyon"
26) "There ain't no good guys"
27) "Our love had wings to fly"
Enjoy and Good Luck!