Musical Monday #44
A lot going on right now, with the most immediate - and emotionally encompassing - being Aaron's third yahrzeit, which begins tonight. I have much on my mind that I do really want to write about, but with my recent track record, I can't promise that any it will see the light of Blogger. Meanwhile though, I'm going ahead with this week's Musical Monday - a distraction that's perhaps all the more necessary on this very difficult day.
Welcome to the 44th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. The challenge, as always, is to identify the title and artist for each song quote, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. Please play fair - no googling allowed!
1) "You're gonna' take away my energy"
2) "Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet?"
3) "He said that any love is good love"
4) "Just because we get around"
5) "Keeping it a mystery gets to me"
6) "Yes, we're going to a party party"
7) "I watch the ripples change their size"
8) "I'll make a good woman steal"
9) "You start a conversation you can't even finish it"
10) "Don't you know about the bird?"
11) "Went to a dance looking for romance"
12) "I left home just a week before"
13) "I got no rap against the southern states"
14) "I feel so good if I just say the word"
15) "You got to gimme' a fight; why don't you just let it be?"
16) "Does anybody wonder, anybody care?"
17) "And from what I've seen I believe 'em"
18) "I'm the fox you've been waiting for"
19) "Savin' his pennies for someday"
20) "I'm the bleeding volcano"
21) "Honey, disconnect the phone"
22) "Se necesita una poca de gracia"
23) "It gets worse here everyday"
24) "And though our health we drank a thousand times"
Good luck and enjoy!