Elie's Expositions

A bereaved father blogging for catharsis... and for distraction. Accordingly, you'll see a diverse set of topics and posts here, from the affecting to the analytical to the absurd. Something for everyone, but all, at the core, meeting a personal need.


Powered by WebAds

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hey, Nineteen!

"She thinks I'm crazy
But I'm just growing old
Hey Nineteen"
- Steely Dan, "Hey Nineteen"

Happy Birthday Ben! Double birthday in fact, in English today May 25th, in Hebrew tonight, the 21st of Iyar.

And I, thank God, have a son who is nineteen. The mixed emotions that I feel upon Ben's crossing that seemingly mundane, yet so significant barrier will remain private today, and to Ben I will just add, may your next 101 years bring us as much naches as your first nineteen have.

1 Comments:

At 5/27/08, 8:48 PM, Blogger Shira Salamone said...

May Ben celebrate many happy birthdays.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home