Musical Monday #42
Welcome to the 42nd edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. The challenge, as always, is to identify the title and artist for each song quote, as well as the common theme of the set of songs.
Note that the songs are broken into two sets, a larger and a smaller one. The songs in the first group (1-23) have one commonality, the others (24-27) have a different one, which taken together with the first will illuminate the overall theme of today's Musical Monday.
1) "You'd laugh and say nothing's that simple"
2) "So love me, hold me, love me, hold me"
3) "I don't want no one, if I can't have you to myself"
4) "You operate and motivate on synthetic fuel"
5) "Though the pavements are one huge crowd"
6) "Lord knows I'm to blame"
7) "Where did we lose the touch, that seemed to mean so much?"
8) "Like the warm September wind, babe"
9) "I can't get used to living without, living without"
10) "Everyday in the week I'm in a different city"
11) "Just sixteen a pick up truck, out of money out of luck"
12) "There's one more kid that will never go to school"
13) "You can melt the ice that chills my body"
14) "It's a long day livin' in Reseda"
15) "If there's a man who is down and needs a helping hand"
16) "Now who's standing at the door remembering the days before?"
17) "There was nobody calling me up for favors"
18) "You've gotta pay to play, so don't you stand in my way"
19) "Some others choose the good old family home"
20) "A planet of playthings, we dance on the strings"
21) "The world still astounds you each time you look at a star"
22) "I pulled my harpoon out of my dirty red bandanna"
23) "Let's move before they raise the parking rate!"
24) "They snap their teeth on your cigarette"
25) "He’s my favorite honky!"
26) "Hatty told Matty, 'Let's don't take no chance'"
27) "We were moving mountains long before we knew we could"
Good luck and enjoy!