Musical Monday #38
Welcome to the 38th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. As always, the challenge is to identify the title and artist for each song quote, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. This week, the theme will likely be evident even if just a couple of the songs are ID'ed, so for extra credit, see if you can give a couple of reasons for the timeliness of this particular theme.
1) "I'll just sit tight through shadows of the night"
2) "A guy she said she knew well and sometimes hated"
3) "I know you think I'm like the others before"
4) "If you want some good kissing, yeah, call on me"
5) "I got my shoes shined up, I got my hair slicked down"
6) "I visualize that you're looking fine"
7) "For your lover's lover's alibi"
8) "No harvest moon to light one tender August night"
9) "The ice age is coming, the sun is zooming in"
10) "I just can't believe that I could be so badly mistaken"
11) "And since I lost you it feels like years"
12) "Imagine how the world could be, so very fine"
13) "Why does it only seem to hit me in the middle of the night?"
14) "With hurry home drops on her cheek that trickled from her eye"
15) "Monday, Tuesday, three days and more"
16) "You and I are through - you found someone new"
17) "I heard your mother now she's going out the door"
18) "I drank a little too much red and we got into a fight"
19) "Send it off in a letter to yourself"
20) "You're not anywhere that I can find you"
21) "Welcome to Slaggers, featuring Denis O'Bell"
22) "How's your cousin Shirley?"
Good luck and enjoy!