Musical Monday #36
Welcome to the 36th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. Or to be exact, this week's MM is one of our periodic collaborations, so credit due to SD for co-creation of the following.
As always, identify songs' artists and titles, as well as the common theme, topic, or characteristic that applies to the entire set of songs.
1) "Golden living dreams of visions"
2) "Time doesn't wait for me, it keeps on rollin'"
3) "You're a bluebird on a telegraph line"
4) "Now I'm fallin' from her skies"
5) "At night he becomes a bartender"
6) "But your hand's wet with sweat, and your head needs a rest"
7) "Oh, don't ask why!"
8) "It’s driving me mad, it’s driving me mad"
9) "With the butler and the maid and the servants three"
10)"I pound on the windows like a bee inside a jar"
11)"The boats were waiting at the Battery"
12)"Feeding pigeons on a limb"
13)"You give back your ring to me, and I will set you free"
14)"It's something in my eyes, you know it happens every time"
15)"Tell her to make me a cambric shirt"
16)"Some say he farmed his best in younger years"
17)"Shadows on the hills sketch the trees and the daffodils"
18)"From the early, early mornin' 'til the early, early nights"
19)"I had another look and I had a cup of tea and butter pie"
20)"I know between the two of us, her heart we can steal" (Note: Looking for a specific version of this song)
21)"Them boys in their high heels"
22)"Cook county sheriff Richard Ogleby asked King to call off the march"
23)"Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?"
24)"Am I in my cabin dreaming, or are you really scheming?"
Good luck and enjoy!