TV Trivia Thursday #12
Hello and welcome to this week's TV Trivia Thursday! This has become a bi-weekly feature lately, and it will likely continue at that pace for the foreseeable future. That said, I had started putting this one together last week, when the 2007 Grammys were held, so like TTT #9, it follows a musical theme.
1) Besides their own cartoon series, name three TV shows that used Beatles songs as their opening theme, though performed by other artists in each case.
2) Name a series whose opening theme song was an earlier hit by an artist whose last name happens to be part of the show's title. Again though, the TV theme version was actually sung by someone else.
3) Name four TV theme songs which were #1 hits on the Billboard pop charts, as well as one other which made #1 on the country charts. Note: Those remakes above don't count, I'm looking for songs whose versions used on the actual TV series were #1.
4) What 60s musical act, who had broken up years earlier, was reunited on a 1st season episode of Saturday Night Live, much to the surprise and delight of the audience and fans everywhere?
5) And what other group came surprisingly close to doing the same (at least partially) which would have been an all time television event, and likely sparked a riot in the studio (city, country, world...)?
6) Finally, what 1981 SNL musical guest did actually cause an audience riot, followed by a sudden cut to commercial mid-song by the show's panicked producers?
7) And to end off as we started, with the Beatles: What impressionist/comedian, best known for his later portrayal of a TV super-villain, had the bad luck to share star billing with the Beatles on their first Ed Sullivan appearance? As he later recalled, he took that ultimate upstaging well, good-naturedly quipping "I looked out the window of my dressing room and said, 'Look at all the kids that came to see me!'"