Musical Monday #30
"He freed lotta' people but it seems the good they die young
I just looked around and he's gone"
- Dion And The Belmonts, "Abraham, Martin, And John"
And with that musical quote, welcome to the 30th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. Wow, MM is thirty-something already! Before SD and I know it, we'll be celebrating an anniversary.
For each numbered song quote below, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. No gaps this time; it's all one big happy theme today. And though this isn't the theme, let me wish you all a joyous Martin Luther King Day. May we all continue to learn from his wisdom and character.
1) "Ageless and timeless as Dorian Grey"
2) "Talk about celestial bodies and your angels on the wing"
3) "I walk down the lane with a happy refrain"
4) "When your prized possessions start to wear you down"
5) "For you, the sun will be shining"
6) "I'm young again, even though I'm very old"
7) "I sat on the roof and kicked off the moss"
8) "Pisces, Virgo rising is a very good sign"
9) "My mind's distracted and diffused"
10) "At least he can polish the fenders"
11) "Virgin land of forest green, dark and stormy plains"
12) "On we sweep with threshing oar"
13) "We've lost our good old mama"
14) "Ain't cha got no rhymes for me?"
15) "The questions run too deep for such a simple man"
16) "I look around me, and I see it isn't so"
17) "Woman leaving home, man sits there all alone"
18) "One I'm sure they wrote for you and me"
19) "But what I got to say can't wait; I know you'd understand"
20) "Should have seen the end of summer in your eyes"
21) "Me and you are subject to the blues now and then"
22) "I prayed that he would finish"
23) "California sunlight, sweet Calcutta rain"
24) "Going through security, I held her for so long"
25) "I must remember, even if it takes a million years"
But don't you take a million years to remember the song titles... answers will be posted on Friday as usual. Enjoy and good luck!
PS: Just thought of one more that fits - doubly:
26) "Life ain't about no retrieving"