Musical Monday 24
Welcome to the 24th edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each numbered song quote below, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. Today, there are actually four sub-themes, identified by breaks between groups of songs. Taken together, the sub-themes point to an overall theme.
1) "I might have to move heaven and earth to prove it to you, baby"
2) "I was afraid that God would frown"
3) "On a crystal morning I can see the dewdrops falling"
4) "Loneliness was tough; the toughest role you ever played"
5) "But you're my teenage queen (you're my queen)"
6) "Something there outside says we're only in the hands of time falling slowly"
7) "Your kisses lift me higher, like the sweet song of a choir"
8) "Seems our freedom's up against the ropes"
9) "Home isn't my way, home will never be"
10) "The time has come to say fair's fair"
11) "Living in the parish of the restless folks I know"
12) "And your mind, your tiny mind, you know you've really been so blind"
13) "My nerves all jumping, acting like a fool"
14) "And a freight train running through the middle of my head"
15) "You've got what it takes to make a poor man's heart break"
16) "You got every advantage when they put out the lights"
17) "Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc"
18) "Try now we can only lose"
19) "I learned to love all of Hollywood money"
20) "I'm miles away, I want to cry out loud"
21) "Rules and regulations have no meaning anymore"
Enjoy and good luck!