Musical Monday 18
Welcome to the eighteenth edition of Musical Monday, the weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each numbered song quote below, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. The breaks between groups of songs are significant, but only loosely so this time.
As eighteen is special number in Jewish liturgy and culture, representing Chai=Life, and as Debbie and I just returned from the Chai Lifeline Shabbaton, I've made this week's Musical Monday extra special, with twice chai or 36 quotes. More chances than ever for you to play!
1) "I took the tube back out of town, back to the Rollin' Pin"
2) "Go 'way, don't come 'round here no more!"
3) "Gone to graveyards every one; when will they ever learn?"
4) "Never had no money and they always told the truth"
5) "I've got this yearning, burning, yearning feeling inside me"
6) "If it's jug band music or rhythm and blues"
7) "Now the feeling is beginning to grow, and the meaning is something you only know"
8) "Say the words you long to hear"
9) "Wrapped in sorrow words are token, come inside and catch my tears"
10) "But I've never seen nothing like you!"
11) "It doesn't change a thing, but even so…"
12) "Ease my troubles; that's what you do"
13) "When tears are in your eyes and you can't find the way"
14) "I've got a tombstone hand and a graveyard mind"
15) "I've been made blue, I've been lied to"
16) "Tonight with words unspoken, you said that I'm the only one"
17) "You're the light in my deepest darkest hour"
18) "She's married now or engaged or somethin', so I'm told"
19) "If you can just get your mind together, then come on across to me"
20) "I really 'membered you when you drink my wine"
21) "It may seem to you that I'm acting confused when you're close to me"
22) "Everything you do has been done, and this won't last forever"
23) "I like the way you dance, the way you spin"
24) "Tell me baby I'm your lover man; oh baby..."
25) "And I appreciate the roles the actors played, the point the author made"
26) "I only apologize for being, as they say, the last to know"
27) "Love is a losing game, love can be a shame"
28) "Till forever on it goes, through the circle fast and slow"
29) "Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains"
30) "No one will be watching us"
31) "Bless your children, give them names, don't trust men who walk with canes"
32) "Searching for light in the darkness of insanity"
33) "And all your friends they're calling you a fool"
34) "I wish that every kiss was never-ending"
35) "Steal their Seoul in South Korea, make Antarctica cry uncle"
36) "Kruschev's due at Idlewild"
Enjoy, enjoy (twice)!