Musical Monday #10
Welcome to today's holiday edition of Musical Monday, a weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each song quote, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs.
This week, as it's Labor Day here in the USA, you may have to work a bit harder to determine what the songs have in common. (And no, it's not the obvious one for today - school - there are quite enough painful "back to school" reminders around already, thank you very much!) Accordingly, if nobody comes close by tomorrow morning, I'll leave a hint in the comments.
And here they are - good luck!
1) "I'll never break my promise or forget my vow"
2) "Some try to tell me thoughts they cannot defend"
3) "Can you picture what will be, so limitless and free?"
4) "I ain't seen my baby since a nigh' and a week"
5) "It hides a nasty stain that's lying there"
6) "To walk to school she's got to get up early"
7) "Night after night in the dark I'm alone"
8) "I was dying just to ask for a taste"
9) "He likes to show off his physique"
10) "Yeah, from 7 come 11 down in the boys' gym"
11) "You've been starring in my dreams"
12) "There's a sadness hidden in that pretty face"
13) "What kind of love is this that you're givin' me?"
14) "No dark sarcasm in the classroom"
15) "But everyone knew her as Nancy"
16) "Dancin' to the rhythm in our heart and soul"
17) "Now you better earn some money"
18) "On the streets where once was pity"
19) "Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?"
20) "Dance on fire as it intends"