Musical Monday #8
From beautiful Bradley Beach, NJ, where the Rosenfeld gang is taking a few days to "unplug", I've plugged back in long enough to post this week's Musical Monday, a weekly quiz that Soccer Dad and I alternate hosting. For each song quote, identify the title and artist, as well as the common theme of the set of songs.
1) "All around, people looking half dead"
2) "I'm gonna' take my problem to the United Nations"
3) "We're not grey people, we're not dirty, we're not mean"
4) "Remember how you drove me crazy?"
5) "That's when I had most of my fun, back high high high high there"
6) "Fish are jumpin' and the cotton is high"
7) "You hold me so close that my knees grow weak"
8) "He was sweet, just turned eighteen"
9) "We can't even think of a word that rhymes"
10) "See the curtains hanging in the window in the evening on a Friday night"
11) "Sometimes I never leave, but sometimes I would"
12) "Now I have seen that sad surrender in my lover's eyes"
13) "And the wizards play down on Pinball Way on the boardwalk way past dark"
14) "Miniature golf and Hondas in the hills"
15) "It doesn't matter what you wear"
16) "When you held my hand I knew that it was now or never"
17) "We were just young and restless and bored"
18) "Morning found us calmly unaware; noon burn gold into our hair"
EXTRA CREDIT: "Hem hayu ha'ohavim hatze'irim, baregaim hachi yafim shel hachaim"