Musical Monday #6
Courtesy of my good friend David, AKA Soccer Dad, I'm inaugurating a new semi-regular blog feature, "Musical Monday". David has done five of them to date, so today's, although my first, is thus #6 overall. Going forward, David and I hope to host these on alternate weeks, so you'll always have music - or at least a quiz thereon - to help tame the savage Monday beast.
Rules are simple: I'll provide a list of song quotes, you identify the artist and title of each, as well as the common theme of the set of songs. The songs I select will generally be of the "classic rock" genre, though one or two may stray somewhat outside those boundaries (as is the case today). With no further ado:
1. "They seek the truth before they can die"
2. "We must attend to her needs; she's so much younger than you"
3. "Have no fear, the monster's gone"
4. "Don't you live alone; try to earn what lovers own"
5. "An old man who had fainted was revived"
6. "Then the jagged edge appears through the distant clouds of tears"
7. "If I ain't here by winter, she'll know why'
8. "My new job's a hassle"
9. "Looking at the skies I seem to see a million eyes"
10. "You know it's never over; it's relentless as the rain"
11. "Masquerading as a man with a reason"
12. "And you're a young girl going out of my door"
13. "Her hair reminds me of a warm safe place"
14. "You soothe me with your smile"
15. "Love and pain become one and the same"
16. "I never been laid so low in such a mysterious way"
17. "May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift"
18. "And stickball and stoopball were the only games that we played"
Leave answers in comments or e-mail me at rosenfeld dot elie at gmail dot com.