I've been tagged by both Soccer Dad and Daled Amos with the "Meme of Eight". whose rules are:
Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Though I was doubly tagged, I will keep it to just eight items, not sixteen (whew!):
- My Hebrew name, Eliezer, and my father's, Azriel, are composed of the same six Hebrew letters, in different orders.
- I find it very hard to block out sound, especially coming from a television or radio. I can't usually sleep in a room with the TV on, and can't fully concentrate on a conversation if a show is on in the background.
- I was born in New York City, but have no memories or other habits of a "NooYawker", as my parents moved to Maryland when I was very young. However, many years later when I attended YU, my dorm was actually back to back with the building I lived in as a baby. When helping me move in, my dad pointed out which window was ours!
- I remember, and saved, the outfit I wore on my first date with my wife. I can't even come close to fitting into it any more, but I kept it anyway - hey, I'm a sentimental guy!
- The most popular / well-known songs by a given rock artist are almost invariably then ones I like the least. E.g., I like almost all Springsteen, but "Hungry Heart" and "Born in the USA" are my least favorite songs of his. Ditto for the Beatles and "Hey Jude", Billy Joel and "My Life", and many other examples.
- I was the first ever third-generation YU student. My zaideh received smicha from the pre-college Yeshiva back in the early 20s, and my father attended Yeshiva College and later the smicha program in the late 40s - early 50s. When I started YU in 1978, their PR department made a big deal about it (no tuition break though!).
- I have a second cousin once removed who wrote two Star Trek episodes, under the pen name "S. Bar David". I never met him, but my mom did.
- I like peanut butter (Jif creamy only!!), and I like jelly, but hate them together.
Pearlies of Wisdom
On The Fringe
SW Frustrated Mom
Happy 4th of July all!