Hope everyone had a lovely seder - or two. Ours went well, better than I had expected or even dared hope. The inescapable sadness was still there, but thank God, far outweighed by the joy.
So on this first day of chol hamoed (outside Israel), time for a quick Seder poll - eight questions to map to the eight days of Pesach - here in chutz la'aretz that is. If you're in Israel, skip question #2 and you'll still have the right number!
Please provide responses in the comments; mine will be there after a couple of others are posted:
1) How long did your sedar(im) run this year, to the nearest 1/2 hour?
2) If you have two sedarim, which one is usually better, and why?
3) What is your custom for Afikomen?
a) Seder leader hides it, kids have to search for it.
b) Seder leader puts it aside, kids have to "snatch" it.
c) Other - please describe
4) What do you use for Karpas?
e) other - please specify
5) Besides the basic seder obligations - wine, matza, maror, karpas - what is your favorite special Passover food?
6) What's your favorite seder song? What's your least favorite?
7) What was the best question asked at your seder this year - besides the four "canned" ones that is?
8) What part of the seder is the most intense/emotional to you personally?
A gutten moed to all!